Friday, February 24, 2012

Letters to home: I

Dear Chruch Family,

         I miss you all very much and am always excited to hear my dad tell me how the church is growing. I have learned an unbelievable
amount in the short time I have been apart of the off the wall family! The community here is wonderfully encouraging even in
confrontation and through conflict. We are always growing in our faith and friendship with each other.
        I am learning so much better how to study the Bible and how incredibly important it is in a growing relationship with my Saviour.
Before, I almost viewed it as optional, that I could truly grow without submerging myself in Gods teaching. Its not possible. Most recently
we have started to read through a book called the Jesus I never knew (or something close to that) by Philip Yancey. It talks about the
views of Christ we/he had while growing up and how the Bible makes very little reference to the appearance of Jesus but speaks frequently
of his character, of his holy heart. Why do I not view people through biblical eyes? How frequently I judge without even realizing it, or not even
judge but view people on their physical or minor personality traits that sometimes are not exactly my favorite. When I think about this
lesson it seems like something I should have learned long ago but seeing it through God's eyes (or the trivial amount that humans can) it
goes so much deeper than 'not judging a book by its cover'. UPCC has always done a fantastic job of loving people, ALL people, and it is
beautiful! I pray that it never changes!

Prayer Needs
:  I would love prayer for clarity of Gods direction in my life, finding a job has proven more difficult than I hoped but im trusting it is
the will of our Creator! However, it can become kinda stressful. Also, that I fear nothing as I have been commanded.


In His hands!
             Chris Buckley

No comments:

Post a Comment